Activity of the Week (August 1-6): Campfire Cupcakes
About: What better way to celebrate camping than recreating a campfire on top of a cupcake?
How to Make:
- Betty Crocker's Devil's Food Cake
- Milk Chocolate Betty Crocker Icing
- Whipped Vanilla Betty Crocker Icing
- Disposable decorating bags
- Pretzels Sticks
- Chocolate chips
- Cupcake baking tins
- Cupcake liners.
- Follow instructions on Betty Crocker Box, on how to bake cupcakes.
- While cupcakes are baking, use red and yellow food coloring in the whipped vanilla Betty Crocker icing to make the fire for the camp cupcakes. Then, place icing in a disposable decorating bag fpr decorating.
- After when cupcakes have been cooled for 30mins . Spread Milk Chocolate icing on the top of the cupcake.
- Then allow clients to place chocolate chip pieces in a circle on the cupcakes.
- Using the piping bag, place a swirl of icing in the centre of the chocolate chips.
- Last step, ask clients to use the pretzels to place around the fire.
Seniors Life Enhancement Centres is a non-profit adult day program located in Oakville, serving Mississauga and Halton Regions. For more information on our services visit: www.slec.ca